Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hodgepodge

It's Hodgepodge time again! Go over to Joyce's blog to see other people's answers.

1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way? Sadly, I wasn't even thinking about it. Thursday is my first day off since the 3 day weekend, I was looking forward to BINGO and ice cream sundaes. I will remember them, maybe listen to Tim McGraw's Please Remember Me remix with audio from that day.

2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone? I rarely listen to the radio, mostly because I don't really like the new music people are putting out. I do watch videotapes sometimes. We had a few garage sales this summer and as I was sorting through things, I decided I needed to keep the VCR because certain things I taped off TV are not on DVD. Sadly the quality of the tapes has declined quite a bit, and you can really see it on these new flat screen TV's. I did have to look up a number in a phone book for my father, but I don't use the phone book that often. We have looked at the atlas on road trips, there's a lot of tiny roads around here. I also don't use alarm clocks, but I never did, I'd set the alarm on my stereo, which I don't think was that helpful, cause it really didn't wake me up suddenly as it did help me wake up.

 3.  Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know? I don't discuss them with people I know. I've found they are very heated topics and no one ever changes their opinions on them, so I tend to stick to safer topics.

4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month? Nothing really comes to mind

5. What's something you know nothing about? Just one thing? There are several things I know nothing about, but that's too much thinking for right now.

6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece? I'm not a huge fan of classical music, I like my music to have words. But, I do like Beethoven's 5th, or Trans Siberian Orchestra, they may be a stretch for classical music.

7. What's the oldest thing you own? I don't know. I do have a doily I bought at a sale that had a note affixed to the back of it saying it was from 1910. I have a penny from 1912. I have an old steamer trunk, a book from the early 1900's. My oldest thing before (after) that would probably be a radio of my grandparents. I do live in a house that was built in the 1890's, does that count? 

8.  Insert your own random thought here. I think I'm ready for a change in my life. I can feel it, I don't know what it will be, but it feels like it should be something big. Someone last week told me I should follow my heart (we were talking about my change in job titles and the reorganization at the library), I'm just not sure where my heart wants to go.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I deleted the incorrect link : ) Your house definitely counts! Have a great week!