Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Falling into Hodgepodge

So, it's hodgepodge time again. I think this is the only thing I do on here regularly. Head on over to Joyce's to see other people's answers.


1. It's fall. Y'all. My favorite season of the year! What's something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel it's officially fall? And unrelated to that, do you ever say-'y'all'? I know it doesn't really mean fall, but here it totally does. A local art festival will be happening this Sunday, and I'm totally saving for that. Plus, a couple churches have their fall fairs coming up and the library's semi-annual book sale is coming up in October.
I do say y'all occasionally. That mostly started when I began listening to country music.

 2. When did you last have a falling out with someone? Has it been resolved? A year or so ago, I stopped talking to my best friend. She didn't give me any comfort when I broke up with my ex and it kinda seemed like she had talked to him before we were 'officially' broken up. Then last year she contacted me on my 30th birthday and I thought we were good again, except it felt like I apologized more than she did. I showed her something I thought to be a big accomplishment for me and she kinda brushed it off. Then, she didn't talk to me until around her birthday (a bit longer than 6 months) and I decided she wanted me to just wish her a happy birthday on her big birthday. I didn't think that was right (to just talk to someone when it's convenient for you). So I stopped talking to her again. After she went away to college and then graduated and moved (not that far away, mind you), it seemed like so much work for her to call or converse with me (this was before I broke up with my ex), I knew we were growing apart anyways.
No, it hasn't been resolved.

3. A song you love with the word 'fall' in it's title? Free Fallin' by Tom Petty. You really can't go wrong with Tom Petty, plus it came on my mp3 player when I was in Hawaii, so every time I hear it, I'm transported back there.

4. What's something you've recently let 'fall by the wayside?' Cleaning. I'm not that great at doing it regularly, but it's getting annoying when I have to clear a path to get to the couch. Or when I run out of plates.

5. When did you last attend an event, read a book, watch a movie, try a new recipe, or visit a shop-town-tourist attraction that fell short of your expectations? In what way? I feel like everything I psyche myself up for does that. For some reason I get really excited about stuff, and then I get disappointed that it didn't live up to my expectations. I'm always looking for something really cool (mostly to buy) and I just don't seem to find it. Of course, most of the reason is, that I have no idea what it would be.
6. Describe a time you said or thought, 'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."
7. Was today better than yesterday? Why or why not? Not really, I was expecting something and it didn't happen. But, I did get my shopping done for a swap, and I started a book that seems pretty good. I got to eat ice cream for supper, and I've been wasting way too much time.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. I joined Pinterest. I'm not sure that's a good thing. I've been avoiding it because people say it sucks away their free time, and it really does. I basically joined because every time I'd go on it through people's links it would beg me to join, and I'm in a swap where I shop for someone based on their social media things. One of those was their pinterest page, and the thing kept getting in the way when I tried to look at their page, so I joined. I'm finding it a little confusing. I tried to install the "Pin it" button on my IE browser, but it didn't work.
Sadly, I'm wasting my time on it, but the pictures are so pretty. If you wanna see what I've been wasting time on, go here.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I am a big fan of Pinterest. I find it a really useful sight and love saving recipes there, finding recipes there, and then of course we're mid wedding planning here and we've gotten so many wonderful ideas from pinterest. It takes some time, but I tend to go on in spurts. I will say I use what I pin most of the time.

Nonnie said...

I kind of let Pinterest fall by the wayside. :-)
It seems everybody is becoming lax in the cleaning department and most of the bloggers chose the same song by Tom Petty. Very interesting.