Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Hodgepodge

It's Hodgepodge time again, check out Joyce's blog for other people's answers.



1. Since these questions are posting on the first day of April it seems only right to ask-when was the last time you did something foolish? If you can't answer that one, try this one-when was the last time someone fooled you? I don't know, I know my brother used to love playing tricks on me as a kid.

2. What's the last biography or non-fiction book you've read? Was it any good? Non-fiction is about all I read. I'm reading The Invention of Murder right now, it's pretty interesting. Apparently, the first murder happened in England.

3. Garlic-friend or foe? What's your favorite dish made with garlic? I don't really use garlic when I cook, but I do like Chinese garlic chicken.

4. Several Spring flower festivals happen in the US during the month of April. Of those listed, which would you most like to see in person...The Skagit Tulip Festival in Skagit Washington, The Dogwood Arts Festival in Knoxville Tennessee, The North Carolina Azalea Festival in Wilmington North Carolina or the Daffodil Festival Weekend on Nantucket Island, Massachussets? Daffodils always mean the start of spring to me, so I'd have to go with the Daffodil Festival in Massachusetts, plus you'd be on an island near the sea. What's not to like?

5. How do you choose which blogs to read?  What is something that will make you stop and read every time? Something that makes you say, 'eh, think I'll skip this one and move on to the next'? It mostly depends on my mood. I love looking at other people's artwork, so if it has to do with mixed media, I'll most likely stop and look. I also find it interesting to read about other people's lives, though I don't like to spend too much time reading.
6. April is National Mathematics Education Month so tell us, when did you last use math? This morning, to balance my checkbook.
7. In honor of the A-Z challenge kicking off on April 1...choose one word beginning with the letter A to describe your yesterday. I'll get back to you.

8. Insert your own random thought here. We're having a garage sale this weekend. It was originally going to be just books, but we've added some other things to the list. We have garage sales so infrequently, I forget how much work they are. I'm looking forward to getting some of this stuff out of my apartment.

1 comment:

A Joyful Chaos said...

A garage sale with mostly books?!!! Be still my heart!

Wish I could come and browse the selection.